Saturday, December 13, 2008

Baby it's Cold Outside!







Goodness...the weather reports were not kidding on what was coming our way! The temperature is - 9 degrees but with the 20 mph wind chill it is - 57 below. Yikes! I do not like this part of Winter -- Very cold temperatures!

I got up early this morning and started gathering water in pots, tubs, you name it -- just in case our rural electric went out! Then worried about if it did go out...how would we get our well running again. So far, so good, no electricity failures.


The snow did not amount to too much here in Babb where we live. However, the winds are coming right through the windows! I remember the builders stating that they were installing the "very best" windows! Never were!

Attempting to put up our Christmas tree, of course, some of the lights are not working. Where is that darn light tester when you want it?

Made a big pot of beef stew today! Am glad we are home and close to the wood stove.

Am glad the calves have been shipped to market.


I am now worried about my chickens! It was in the 40's yesterday and now this temperature is a real shock to anyone or anything!


I will add a picture of some new little lambs I just made! I am going to go and make an all wool size 3 lamb. The first two pictures of a little all wool lamb size 3 that has been sold and found a good home. I need to replace her in my shop.

It is cold on the upper portion of our home, because the wood stove is in the 3-foot basement section of the house. Usually, the heat from downstairs is plenty to heat the whole house, but not today.
Back to work...sewing, organizing, getting the tree decorated! Happy Holidays!






No comments:

Post a Comment