Friday, May 15, 2009

Drive up Chief Mountain Highway!





























Summer is here...because Chief Mountain Port of Entry opened today for the summer season! I took a drive up the highway and took some pictures of the Chief...a wondeful mountain that is 9060 feet high. I will post them here in my blog. The Chief can be seen for hundreds of miles around and each view is really different. If you look for The Chief from Cut Bank, Montana (80-ish miles from here, it has a very slender rise into the sky -- from the Chief Mountain Highway (17) it is broad and longer, but as you go up the highway it too changes.
And, of course, no ride up Chief Mountain Highway would be complete without a bear sighting. This little cinnamom bear was right off the highway. When I first saw her she had two little cubs with her -- one light colored and one dark -- the little cubs shot into the brush. She, however, just stood there while I tried to take a picture from my car window.
I was going to take a picture of the port, but it is a mess with some kind of construction going on!
Happy trails everyone!

2 comments:

  1. It is Beautiful!!!
    Thanks for sharing. I wish I could have been with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! You sure had a gorgeous day and a bear sighting too!

    ReplyDelete