Saturday, September 19, 2009

Mountains and ramblings



















These are some pictures I took while traveling over Going-to-the-Sun Highway (Logan's Pass) on Thursday, September 17th. Most were taken while stopping for the construction sites along the way.
The trees are just changing for the fall so it is sad that the Pass will close after this Sunday, September 20th. The closure will be after Logan Pass on the East side of the Park. Most of the current construction is over the top on the West going down. I am told paving will begin on the road that is gravel now. It must be very hard for the construction crew to stop for the traffic so I would imagine this will speed up the repairs considerably with the closure. A traveler can access the top of Logan Pass from the East side (18 miles up) and this will remain open until sometime in October, weather permitting. I think the West side will be open to the Trail of the Cedars area. Best to check with the Park Service for closures, times and dates.
The top pictures are of the beautiful Sun Rift Gorge. I was excited to be able to climb up the short distance to the gorge with my new knee on Thursday. I was very careful and my wonderful husband helped me to be sure I did not trip or fall. No can fall with the new knee!!
My knee is getting better as the days go by. It was a rough three weeks. Meds made me very ill and the pain in my knee at night did not allow any sleep. My leg has almost returned to a normal size and color. The swelling is pretty well all gone. I am going up and down stairs and walking about the ranch area. I still tire easily, am doing my exercises. I have to set up appointments with a physical therapist. More traveling, driving in a car has become almost impossible since my restless legs have returned with a vengeance -- especially in my leg with the new knee.
Have a great weekend. No new pictures on Jason and Kara's building project -- nothing new to report.



1 comment: