Friday, October 9, 2009

Where has the time gone?



Cold and snow here by the Rocky Mountains! This really is too much winter for the month of October!
Just a few weeks ago I was complaining about the hot and dry temps of 80 degrees and then wham along comes these snow storms and cold temps (14 degrees at this moment in time)!
So, the chickens have quit laying -- and I certainly don't blame them. Icicles hang from the roof tops and could certainly do harm if they fell upon a person's head.
The first picture is taken up north on our land facing the Continental Divide and the mountains to the south. Jason and Kara's home is still under construction. Windows are in and the siding is going on.
Progress on my knee replacement was finally getting better and mobility was getting better and better -- until after the last theraphy I did. The day after the theraphy my knee went crazy with pain. I could not sleep in any position, walking up and down stairs is very painful and I feel as though I have digressed a month to where I had began with walking, stair climbing, and bending of my knee after the surgery. I am very disappointed that this has happened. I don't know what happened unless I did too much at one time with my knee exercises. What a setback! I have been in too much pain to even create little lambs. I feel as though I am starting all over again.
A mini blizzard came rushing in yesterday from the north (northwest)...howling wind, no visibility, blowing snow, and freezing temperatures! Thank goodness it did not add up to much snow. But I would not have wanted to be on the highways around here yesterday when it blew in.
I hope you all have a good holiday weekend. Holidays both here and in Canada (their Thanksgiving)! Take care and if you are traveling -- be safe!

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry about your knee! That is terrible. I hope it gets all sorted out soon.

    I can't believe the snow either. We had a dusting but still. It's only early October!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow? Seriously? I thought it was bad here when we finally brought out our jackets. Still haven't turned on the heat yet...

    ReplyDelete