Monday, January 3, 2011

Adventures in Judith Gap Montana







Pictures: (1) Jasper, Judy, Marvin, Kacey; (2) Marvin, Bobby, Kacey; (3) Judy, Nichole, Mitch, Jasper; (4) Adam; (5) baby Jasper Jason; (6) Steven, Jasper, Judy, Bobby, Marvin, Kacey, Adam!


Marvin and I arrived at Mitch and Nichole's on Monday, December 27, 2010 in the afternoon. We had heard that certain roads were very bad, but we were extremely lucky and the only blowing snow was on MT 191 from Eddy's Corner to Judith Gap. They live some 17 miles to the east of Judith Gap.

We were there to babysit our four grandsons while Mitch and Nichole went to Great Falls to have their 5th son. Jasper Jason Reid was born on Wednesday, December 29th at 1 pm. Jasper weighed in at 6 lbs 11 ozs and measured 20-1/2 inches long. He is just a tiny little guy and feels like a feather in your hands!

We took care of the boys from Tuesday until Saturday afternoon...we raised two loud sons but when you get four together -- I told Mitch (our youngest son and father to this group) that I needed a whistle to get their attention when they really got-to-going with the noise. Mitch brought home two whistles when they returned with Jasper...one for them and one for Grandma Debbie who took over from us as we "dashed" out the door to come home!

It was fun to be with our grandsons but exhausting for me...Marvin seemed to hold up a whole lot better than I. He participated in "boy piles" where all four attempted to climb on to Marvin's back or body -- and, of course, they were yelling at the top of their lungs. Lots of "piggy back" rides were given by their Grandpa Marvin. There were times when I just had to demand some quiet time for my sanity...which only lasted a matter of minutes! I got my "snap the fingers and point" back real fast. It worked some of the time. Actually, Coby, the dog was the best at paying attention to my "snap and point" and did quite well at going where I pointed!

Perhaps you know about when the phone rings what this can bring out in children -- it does not matter the amount of children -- this is when they get the loudest. I use to draw my finger across my throat for our two sons or point at them! This only worked upon occasion and was a "hit and miss" with this crew.

Remember Dorothy of the Wizard of Oz...when she got home after her adventure she stated: "There is no place like home, there is no place like home!" Well, I was blabbering this all night when we arrived home yesterday...it may have been the total lack of sleep during our "adventure" or it could have been the long drive home...who knows, but when I hit "my sheets" in my bed last night, sleep came very fast!

I hope everyone is starting on a good note for the new year. Take care and enjoy each other -- no matter how hard it is to do, at times! (Chuckle, chuckle)

2 comments:

  1. Oh they are precious but I am sure you are glad for some peace and quiet. Congratulations on your new grandson.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun to see your family!
    my son's name is Jesper = Swedish for Jasper!

    ReplyDelete