Tuesday, October 25, 2011

October 2011

Window or Yard ornament
Side view
Top view
Red lights inside
Stuff you will need
Logan Pass on an overcast rainy day
Logan Pass on east side by St. Mary
Logan Pass on east side by St. Mary
The wonderful Wild Goose Island photo area! Always a good shot!

October 2011 is just about over. It seems I am lucky to get a once a month entry into my blog for friends and family who do not have a Face Book account.

A friend, Donna Ridgway, gave a written suggestion on how to make a spook for your front lawn or window. I used a 1-1/2 gallon plastic ice cream bucket for this project. Cut two holes to insert the eyes (ping pong balls)...not too big of holes...you actually just want to fit the balls into the holes and hot glue them in place...then I hot glued around them. You will need a can of the foam insulation spray and spray around the eyes and all over the bucket. I painted black spots on the eyeballs and protected them with Mod Poge a clear liquid that seals the paint. You can paint the foam when it drys but I think it looks fine just the way it is sprayed on. My nose slipped because I put it into the wet foam. I have some ears I will attach later with the hot glue. There was a suggestion that you could put a wig on the top and so many other things that you may think up. Then you can put a colored bulb inside and wha-la...a Halloween spook for your lawn or window.

I took a drive up Logan Pass in Glacier National Park last Wednesday -- it was an overcast rainy day...I call that mystic when driving in the Pass. You can only go to Jackson Glacier on the east side now otherwise the road is closed to vehicles past that point. There are still hikes to take etc as long as the road is not closed by snow storms.

I saw several happy hikers striking off on various trails. St. Mary Falls is a favorite; Sun Rift Gorge was a little busy; but it is a lovely to just be able to view the upper St. Mary Lake and see Wild Goose Island. The trees were still in some of their fall finery! The leaves are leaving fast now. We actually had a wonderful fall season this year. Mr. Wind did not come up and blow them all a way within a week like he usually does.

Snow squalls here today on October 25, 2011.

Everyone have a great Halloween if I don't post anymore this next week...and a welcome to November!

1 comment: