Sunday, May 13, 2012

Spring 2012

I have been getting some "flack" for not having my blog up-to-date or at the very least some kind of an entry...

...so here it is Mother's Day 2012, May 13th.  It is a very most beautiful day here in the valley by the Rocky Mountains.  Grass is greening up, peonies are poking their little heads above the ground thinking about maybe blooming sometime in July (the usual time)...the poppies have been trying to grow for about three months now...they are serious about it with the good weather we have been having.

...2012...a year with an actual Spring and hopefully, a real Summer.  It was a mild winter which I totally enjoyed.  Since I cannot go out when there is ice and snow -- so as not fall and injure my knee, again -- I am pretty much house-bound during the winter unless it clears up and there is no ice to try and walk upon.

...my sweet brother in Alaska has been sending me Polar Tracs to put on my winter boots to stay upright on the ice...but I am still very worried about falling...it does not seem all that long ago when I never thought about falling anywhere or on anything...I would fall and pop right back up!  I do so remember hearing from my surgeon after my knee replacement and the nurse mentioned it several times as I was leaving from an after surgery visit -- "Don't fall...!" -- Since I did not plan on falling it never entered my mind to ask what could happen.

...then, of course, I found out what could happen when you fall on a metal replacement...you can and I did, fracture my patella, spoink, broke and part went that way and part went the other way!  I was hoping that the fall would give me more "movement" in my knee...so, more surgery...then I have posted about the fact that the patella after being repaired decided to fall apart some months later.  So that would make three surgeries on the same knee cutting down the same scar!

...actually, my knee felt quite good until I attempted to do some upper body exercises and kind-a march in place...something went wrong in my knee...I had a very bad spasm, pain...not nice...back to the doctor...MIR and x-rays...hard to tell what may have gone wrong...so I have been taking care of it and it has its good and bad days and nights.  Suddenly going upstairs has become rather painful...a burning pain, but otherwise I am doing well on the "straight-away"!

...the boys (Marvin and Jason) brought me some beautiful plants home from town the other day for Mother's Day...so lovely...one plant states that it can go outside (not in our zone) but anyway it states that it can grow to 3 to 5 feet tall...wow!  The other plant was a lovely orchid!...

I planted some Pansies, they can grow in our extreme weather area and seem to be able to handle the wind.

...the week before last we drove to Judith Gap area to be with Nichole and Mitch and their team of boys (5) with another little boy on the way!  Six boys...6...we were thinking pink, but not to be!!!

...the school at Judith Gap had a fund raiser and "open mike" night...it was fun...Nichole had prepared a pictorial slide show and sang a beautiful song to Mitch for their upcoming 10th anniversary.  It was a surprise for Mitch.  Kacey (their oldest son) sang and played the piano by himself.  Bobby and Steven were in a few skits and it was a fun evening.  Our nephew and his wife (Michele and Steve) came and we had a good visit with all.

...cut the grass yesterday...what a job...

...the geese that stayed all winter with their family (about 10) are setting up nest building and are quite noisy outback...and then there are the ducks...

...we lost our wonderful Anatolian, Turk, this year. Because of health problems we had to have him put to sleep...such a joy he was for eight years.  ...and such a loss...

 Our "blue-eyed-baby boy" Mitchell


...I hope everyone is doing well health wise and enjoying their families and friends...take care -- joy and love to you all! ♥


4 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to you. I hope your knee stops bothering you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, Patty!...we talk about you most every day and your wonderful handmade goats milk soap. Jason (oldest son) states that the Vanilla Hazelnut seems to be best for cleaning up his REALLY greasy hands after working on the farm equipment...you have to see his hands to believe the end results...he loves your soap as we all do! Leaves his hands nice and soft, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so fun to hear about your days, your seasons your plants and family. your son looks like a fun person. wishing you a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tammie...are you having snow over your way??? It stopped snowing and now is raining...I am glad the bushes and other plants that were ready to bloom did not need the heavy wet snow pushing them to the ground!

      Delete